The Chart:

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cargolux delays, Empty slot concern

Cargolux is trying to delay delivery of their 747-8Fs. They still plan on taking two or three more this year.

Boeing is worried they can't fill production slots coming up. You can see them as unclaimed in the chart. Customers are standing by their orders, but they just don't want their planes that quick.

More bleak news. It seems 747s just can't catch any breaks lately.

Paine Field has been boring on the test/delivery flight front lately.

I'll be taking two trips in the next month. One is a trip from Los Angeles to Barcelona via Amsterdam, which will be half vacation and half work at the Mobile World Congress. I'll be flying a KLM MD11, after connecting to San Franciso, non stop to Amsterdam, and I'm excited about that. I went out of my way to book this plane. On the way back I'll be having my first trip on an A380 (Air France) into L.A, and that should also be interesting. While over there I have a commute in a Swiss International Avro RJ100, which is another exciting first for me.

Why didn't I take Lufthansa out of LAX to try out a 747-8? Well, I don't have a good excuse other than my company budgeted me for cattle and the KLM ticket was cheaper. I'll admit I kind of wanted to get a ride in on an MD11 too, before they all retire. I'll hopefully have plenty of opportunities to fly in a 747-8 in the coming years.

Shortly after that I'll be heading to Korea in a 747-400 (United) for a week. At least it's a 747!

No comments:

Post a Comment